About the Scale Blaster SB-MAX PRO
The ScaleBlaster SB-Max is a residential descaler that conditions hard water without using salt, chemicals or filters. It removes limescale, protecting the plumbing and lessening its maintenance costs. The water becomes soft, healthy and environmentally friendly. This advanced residential descaler is easy to install and is 60% more powerful than the ScaleBlaster SB-75 and SB-175 home descalers. It is maintenance-free and best of all, costs less than half the price for a water softener. This ScaleBlaster SB-Max descaler produces a scientifically developed signal that resonates inside the pipes, preventing the calcium molecules that produce the limescale from adhering to the pipe walls. The limescale then dissolves and is flushed out of the pipes. It can be installed indoors or outdoors. Using this descaler prolongs the service life of piping systems, dishwashers, washing machines, faucets, sinks, humidifiers, water heaters, tankless heaters, toilets, showerheads, coffee makers and radiant heating systems. It works on copper, PVC, CPVC and PEX pipes. Once treated, the water has beneficial effects. Clothes and textiles become brighter and whiter, soap is easier to lather and rinse off, skin feels smoother and hair feels more manageable after every shower, but without losing the calcium needed by the human bodys health. The ScaleBlaster SB-Max descaler is cleared for homes that are less than 5,000 square feet and works well on calcium hardness (Ca) levels that are up to 40 grains per gallon (gpg) or 684 parts per million (ppm). It is wall-mounted and runs on 90 to 264 VAC with an output voltage of no more than 5 volts DC (open circuit). The descaler operates on a 32-degrees Fahrenheit to a 130-degrees Fahrenheit temperature and should be stored between 10-degrees Fahrenheit to 150-degrees Fahrenheit. Its enclosure is made of extruded aluminum with 6063-T% ectro-chemical etched exterior that gives it a decorative, tough, corrosion-resistant and anodic oxide finish. The end caps are made from the NEMA 4 ABS 94VO material with silicone sealing. It has a solid design that makes it durable and easy to use with a longer service life. The dimensions are 6-1/2 inches long, 9 inches wide and 3-5/8 inches thick. Its 52-foot signal cable is made from special 18 AWG stranded wire. It is compatible with pipes that are up to 1-1/2 inches in diameter. This descaler has a 10-year warranty and listed under UL, CUL standards. It is made in the USA by ScaleBlaster, a trusted leader in the industry that integrates the finest components to complete the way you live.
- The ScaleBlaster is the eco-friendly, healthy and economical alternative to hard water problems.
- This is an affordable, one-time investment with a 20-25 year lifespan.
- It never requires maintenance, salt or chemicals. There is no additional water usage needed and it's non-intrusive to the water.
- It is an environmentally green product that makes skin feel softer, makes water feel silkier and makes the soap suds wash away easily. Safe for people on salt restricted diets.
- It is easily mounted on a wall.
- It has up to 1-1/2 inches (diameter) in pipe size capacity.
- This descaler is designed for residential outdoor and indoor use only.
- It is UL-and CUL-listed.
- It works on PVC, CPVC, PEX, copper or any non-ferrous based pipe.
- Its input voltage is 90-264 VAC @ 47 to 63 HZ, using the auto-switching power supply.
- The input power is 20 watts.
- The output voltage is no more than 5 volts dc (open circuit).
- The control box supplies a square wave signal to a coil of wire that is wrapped externally around the incoming pipeline entering the home. The signal sweeps all the frequencies from 1,000 to 20,000 Hz at a rate of 20 times a second. This produces a modulating frequency waveform that hits the resonant frequency of the calcium molecules causing them to lose its adhesiveness.
- Its enclosure dimensions are 9 inches wide x 3.625 inches deep x 6.5 inches tall.
- The enclosure material is made out of extruded aluminum with a 6063-T% Electro-Chemical etched exterior that converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant, anodic oxide finish. Its end caps are made of NEMA 4 ABS 94VO material with silicone sealing.
- Its signal cable is a special 18 AWG stranded wire and 52 feet long (not available in hardware stores), is included with the unit.
- It has 10-year warranty.
- The operating temperature is 32-degrees Fahrenheit to 130-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Its storage temperature should be 10 degrees Fahrenheit to 150-degrees Fahrenheit.
- This is 60% more powerful than the SB-75 and the SB-175.